HELP!!!! first time mom with a 25 month old that has no interest in potty training!!!

my daughter is just over 25 months old and had no interest in potty training. she will tell me that she need to go but when i sit her on her potty chair she just sits there. she will sit there for like 30 mins but will not pee or anything. but as soon as i put a diaper/pull up back on her she will pee again. idk what to do to get her to go to the potty. the main reason that im pushing it is because she is getting too big for the size 6 diapers, she is 46 lbs. help!!!!

bryleesmomma725

Asked by bryleesmomma725 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What brand diapers do you use? We ran into that problem with my son and switched to Luvs since they seem to run a bit bigger. I would do that and just wait to potty train until she is ready. You could even use pull ups if you absolutely can't find a diaper that fits her.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• Mine is 37 months and has no interest in using the potty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• take her to the store and tell her if she can be a big girl you by her some big girl panties for her to wear but that means she has to start using the bathroom on the potty not in her pants.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 12:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• Pull ups run in bigger sizes you may just have to switch to those but why is you 2 year old that big?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• @vgiron i have done that and she has "big girl" panties. she will wear them for a little while and then pee in them. @jeremysmom i have only used huggies since she has been born. nothing else will fit.
    bryleesmomma725

Comment by bryleesmomma725 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I started training my 2 yo in July and i tell you it hasnt been fun, but hard work.Ive had to put it off for awhile.When i take her diaper off b4 bath or morning she will tend to wee there on the ground or if I put her on potty and encourage her she gets up and laughs all the time and wees on old towel because i know she is messing with me and thinks its funny.She is a cheeky one and my 1st never did this.I may have to wait a little longer that way she doesnt wee all over the floor.
    Angelique_mom

Answer by Angelique_mom at 12:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• she has always been a big baby. she was over 7 lbs when she was born and she was 3 weeks early. she is conpletely healthy and her dr sees nothing wrong with her size. just because she is as big as she is dont think that she eats a lot or i give her junk because i dont
    bryleesmomma725

Comment by bryleesmomma725 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• you can get her larger ones , lotts of older kids are wearing them , dont rush her
    beteesmom

Answer by beteesmom at 12:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• After working in a day care with 20 three year olds my eyes have been opened to the idea of potty training. I have noticed two very important things and they are: kids love to do what they see others doing and they will only potty train when they are ready. This may sound silly but if your child see another sibling or yourself going to the bathroom on the pot every time it is more likely to make her want to go. On another note each kids seems to have a different rate in which they come to realize that diapers are for babies. You can not force then but once they show interest in it you must go full force. Meaning, if you give the option of peeing in the pot or wearing pull ups the kid will pick pull ups...so why give them the option? Yes it is hard to clean up mess after mess but it is the fastest way to get your child to learn that going on the potty is their only option. I wish you the best of luck...
    AMBC

Answer by AMBC at 1:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• Try letting her run around the house with nothing on her bottom. Set a potty somewhere that is easy to get to, such as the living room. Also, try rewarding her. We would give her a quarter every time she went potty. Then when she saved enough money, she could go to the store pick out anything she wanted and pay for it herself. This was a great motivator for us.
    shortcakes13

Answer by shortcakes13 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2011