pregnant? how to tell mom and dad

im 16, my mom and dad love me but have high expectations for me. my dad only wants the best for me and my mom is afraid of everything... she wont even let me drive the car i bought with my money from a job i had last year. I know she needs time to get used to the idea but its been 2 months and i have only drive about 5 places by myself. If they cant even let me grow up enough to drive then what are they going to do about my being a mommy? im scared to dissaopiont them i want them to be in my life forever and i think this might screw that up. im afraid they will wanna disown me, or try to keep me locked in?

52308-forever

Asked by 52308-forever at 11:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well most likely they will be disappointed. but you just either need to sit down and tell them or write them a letter and tell them. keeping it a secret is not going to show your maturity. its only going to make matters worse and only put you and the baby under stress
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Unfortunately that is something you are going to have to deal with. They will be disappointed and they may keep you under lock and key b/c you broke their trust. They will adjust with time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I just looked at your page. Just yesterday you posted a question that said you had sex 4 days ago and he didn't pull out in time. How do you even know you're pregnant if you're not even a week?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• do whats best for you, mom and dad are always going to be upset , you are their child, and like you said, they jus want the best for you. If you look around, there are so many teens getting prego these days, its really hard for a parent to just say its ok. As a parent they will get over it i hope and help you with what ever needs to be done. Just keep your faith and know that your parents love you and no matter what you do in life, they will always be there, jus stay positive!!!!
    tutu89

Answer by tutu89 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• They WILL be dissapointed. I think every parent of a pregnant 16 year old would be. It's very young to become a mother but I don't think they'll wright you out of their life. It will take a bit for it to sink in for them but they should be told as soon as possible. You're still a minor and will need their support way more than you could ever think possible. Being a mother is hard, let alone at 16. I'm 29 and married and still depend on my parents! Not financially, but definetly emotionaly. They'll be your biggest support once the shock wears off.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• take a test before u do anything, if u r, sit down w/them and be honest and ask them to help u make a plan. If u are not preg, start using condoms. Pregnancy is the least to worry about -aids will kill u. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• just sit them down and talk to them and dont let no one family or not pressure u into doing somethin u dnt want to do i got pregnant soon after my 17th birthday and i have a baby at first i felt pressured by evry1 2 get an abortion im so glad i didnt though but once again its ur choice and a baby is a lot of work and responsibility u wont have a life and its really hard to finish high skol wit no sleep lol i should knw i used to use any chance i got during any class i could to go to sleep im pretty bold and i was so scarred and nervous that i kinda just walked up to my mom and blurted it out my boyfriend was wit me in the house i felt he should be there i was so freaked out about telling my mom but i did it cuz its not like u can hide a belly UR NOT A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR GETTING PREGNANT AT THIS AGE ITS OK NO MATTER WAT U DO LIFE GOES ON TRUST ME.... BUT PLEASE BE MATURE AND WISE ABOUT UR DECISION TALK 2 UR PARENTS ASAP HON
    wowImaMom

Answer by wowImaMom at 12:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's not easy to tell your parents, but if you definitely are, you have to. For one thing, you need prenatal care and mom might be more worried about that than the trust that you broke, but give them time to come to terms with it. I found out I was pregnant a month after I turned 17 and my parents were like "so what are you going to do now?" I kept my baby boy and still finished school in the top 20% of my class. I think my parents were somewhat embarrassed at first, but once my baby boy was here, they were overwhelmed with love that it didn't matter. You have to do what's best for you and as harsh as this may sound, you made a grown up decision to have sex and not protect against pregnancy and you have to approach your parents like an adult. Approaching it as taking responsibility, will go alot farther than trying to hide it and not respecting them enough to let them know what is going on. Good luck sweetie!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My parents were about the same way that yours sound. I never did anything until I turned 18 because they threatened me so much if I was to screw up that they would kill me. lol .. of course thats all it was, was threats. But it kept me on track and that was how they knew how to do it. Your parents are going to love you unconditionally. Your parents are going to be your biggest support. They may be angry at first, but after you tell them your decision....if you have decided to keep the baby, then they are going to start having other things on their mind. Like getting you to the Doc. or what you will need when the baby gets here. Everything will work out
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008