Do your dogs sleep in your house? which room? Why do some dogs smell more than others after even a bath?

My son sometimes sleeps with the dogs on His bed...lol...But I hate the smell even after a bath.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pets

• my two dogs sleep in mine and hubby's room, but one has been mooved to the living room because the other one just ahd a litter of puppies in my room
    and they dont smell
    one is a collie/lab/pitt
    and the other is her daughter, and dad was even more of a mutt than mom
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My dog sleeps in the house. Here's the story. We adopted him from a shelter last year, we didn't know the slightest thing about him other than he was an older cockerspaniel. So, we made the poor guy sleep in the garage last year. He deveoped a real bad cough though. He did really good during the day when we were home, but we were too afraid at night that he would try to potty in here. We noticed he never did in the house or garage, he always held it until we came home. So finally we just started leaving him in here. He hasn't had a cough or anything since. He sleeps in a little bed in my closet at night. Of course, he would love to be on the couch, but we don't let him on furniture. CONT
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• He does smell if he doesn't get a bath every couple weeks though and we keep him shaved.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• when i got my chihuahua i thought she was small enough to NOT smell... but UGH she certainly could stink! the smell is from the oil they produce in their skin and some produce more then others... it could also be stuff they roll in when they go outside, or if there are other dogs they play with and slobber on eachother, dried saliva doesnt smell too pleasant either. i never kept my dog outside but she slept in a crate and wasnt allowed on furniture.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 12:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have two maltese and they are rarely outside, except to potty. They both sleep on my bed, usually they work themselves between hubby and me. One of them really likes my pillow, hubby says it is their bed, not ours. Yes my dogs are spoiled, I will sleep on the couch before I move them.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am ashamed to admit but our dogs sleep in our bed.. They are a Pug and Shi Tzu--King Size Bed.
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Both of our dogs sleep in the house. The little one (chihuahua) sleeps with my youngest on his pillow with him. She doesn't shed or stink much at all. Our other dog (pit/lab/rot/? mix) stinks horribly unless I bathe him at least twice a week and tends to get nasty gas no matter what we feed him. He sleeps with my youngest daughter who doesn't seem to mind, but I wash him regularly to keep the smell down and change her sheets frequently. I don't know why some dogs stink more than others.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My Shih Tzu sleeps at the foot of my bed and my Basset Hound sleeps on the floor next to my bed. I give my Shih Tzu a bath at least 2 times a month and my Basset gets a bath about once a month. I don't have problems with dog odor, so I don't know what to tell you about that.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 1:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have a really high platform bed with drawers underneath and my dog is a corgi, so he can't get up there. He has always slept in his crate at the foot of the bed. My cat, however, DOES sleep on the bed!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Our dogs sleep in the house. I give my dogs a bath once a month. The soap I use is for dogs and has a deodorizer in it.You can get some good stuff at the pet store or even the grocery store for dogs. The secret is to keep them clean. Ears, included and the anal gland as well. There is a spray called Oder eater and it works better than febreze. Changing the beds and vacuuming, helps to keep oder down.  If ourdogs sletp out side they would be barking all the time...lol

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 3:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008