• Because honestly it's not. It's disgusting and low and shows that the mother needs a big lesson in parenting but it doesn't constitute child abuse to me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• The only reason I wouldn't go as far as to call this child abuse is because she isn't wearing anything too revealing and she probably didn't understand half of what she was doing. What I find amazing is that people want to make their small children look like mini adults aren't most toddlers cute and pretty without caking on pounds of makeup? All those mom's need a dose of healthy parenting lessons because they all justify it with "but she loves doing it!". I don't think any toddler wouldn't love playing dress up but to put so much pressure on them to be beautiful at a young age is just asking for self esteem problems later and inviting disaster.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 5:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I don't think it's child abuse. I'm sure the child had no idea that she was prancing around pretending to be a prostitute. Poor taste, yes; abuse, no.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I would constitute that as VERY BAD PARENTING, but not abuse, the child is in no harm and no foul play was done. Although i hear a lot about that show and i think a lot of what they do to their children, they do for attention from the media.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 5:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I think it is wrong,but not child abuse.
    Melissa252364

Answer by Melissa252364 at 6:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I'm disgusted.

I know there are some pageant mom's on here, I know at least one and she's very nice, and I know she loves her daughter dearly. But I think these things are so degrading and devastating to a young girl's development. This type of thing is where it gets really ugly, but honestly - even the ones who think they're better than this mother are doing a lot of harm to their children.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I've seen one child pageant that I think may not be so bad, its called a Natural Pageant, no makeup, no fake anything, the kids have to be themselves, if there were more out there like that then I might allow my kids to enter. I have to agree, it was in bad taste but I can't really say its child abuse
    kathy_s

Answer by kathy_s at 6:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• Moms.....not Mom's. MOMS is plural ...as in two Moms.
    Mom's shows ownership, as in : the Mom's chlld.
    These are important things to know if you plan on helping your kids with homework someday. And you should.
    Basic English grammar is essential.
    Kids need Moms who know basic things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• She was not a prostitute, it was a dolly parton costume. My best friend dressed up as dolly parton ,with the fake boobs for our 4th grade talent show. With all the disturbing thing I have seen on this show, this is not at the top of my list for most inappropriate.
    IndigoP5ycho

Answer by IndigoP5ycho at 8:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2011

• WTF!! I hate pageants and pageant moms. Not only do they put their kids through torture...they are teaching them that their value is based on their appearance. Wonderful message. Bravo to them!!!

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2011