Can they do this?

We are going out of town for 2 days and whenever my neighbors used to go out of town they got robbed ugh! So I'm wondering if I call the police department they would drive by our home once in a while during the 2 days, do they do that sort of thing for citizens??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes and if you talk to your neighbors, they might even consider coming over at various times to turn lights on and off.. so people think you are home.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• good luck we live in the hood and we hardley see a cop unless their was another murder but I would call and ask or ask I friend or family member to go check on it everyday

Anonymous

• i don't know i would at least call and ask. and i just saw this thing on tv this morning where some guy was living in this families attic and wearing their clothes eating their food and stealing their christmas presents. the lady finally saw footprints leading to her attic and called the cops and sure enough he was there and so were all their things. crazy huh? sorry didn't mean to make you worry more but it just it me when i read this post. call the police station and ask or have the neighbors keep an eye out.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• the cops would come and check in my neighborhood.... its different everywhere though but it wouldnt hurt to call and ask.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 12:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Call and ask them. The most they can tell you is no right?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Not sure about your specific question, but this is what I do. I have two televisions on timers to come on right after dark and shut off at my normal bedtime of 11-midnight. I bought timers for four lamps really cheaply at Home Depot. A family room light goes on at 6 a.m. for an hour, as does the light over the stove in the kitchen. Lights in the living room, family room, and bedroom all go on at sunset and then turn off at three different times. We have an alarm with stickers on every window, a yard sign, and a motion detector. I have a locking mailbox, so no one can see if the mail was left overnight. I always park in the garage and keep the door closed, so it's never clear if we're home or not.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 12:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yea, so the police filled out a form and the answer is yes, just call the non emergency number. They have our numbers in case anything happens.
    Anonymous

• They do! We had them do extra patrols by our house when some teenagers were acting up and doing random acts of vandalism.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008