what are ya'll cookin for new years?

im headed for the grocery store....just wondering what ya'll are cooking for new years?

lacyjones

Asked by lacyjones at 12:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• we're having a thing that my hubby makes it is sauerkraut,keilbosi, butterbeans, bacon, all mixed together. fry the bacon and the keilbosi then put it all in the crock pot and let it go it looks disgusting but omg it is soo good. he's a pollock he comes up with some really crazy shit sometimes'lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• mmmm. that sound good to me. thats what im talking about...crock pot heaven! easy & no stove standing! yes! thank you!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We usually go to my moms and she makes pork and sauerkraut but she makes ham for me because I don't eat sauerkraut lol

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Corned beef and cabbage.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We're having black-eyed peas and cornbread, and probably tamales (I know it doesn't go together, but it's expected). I don't know what else yet; I may tell hubby he's in charge of everything else!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We generally snack. I'm going to put little smoked sausages in the crockpot with some bbq sauce. Then, we'll have some cheese sticks, jalepenos stuffed with cream and cheddar cheeses, cheese and crackers, summer sausage, stuffed mushrooms. We always make too much, so we usually do it new years eve and have it again on new years day.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am on my way out with my husband and our children now and we are hosting a big party for around 50-65 people, including family and friends. We are also going to pick up our new furniture for our living room.

We are aiming to spend £1000 on food including food for 7 untill 9th of Jan. We are making a big spread and are cooking little bits.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 1:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• WOW! i comming over to your house...LOL! you will never know whith that many people & running around. geeez. it could be like the wedding crashers movie...but new years instead. you go girl...Happy new year..have fun. post & let us know how you survived!
    Anonymous

• im gonna cook a porkloin marinated in raspberry dressing, with a touch of garlic & chipoltle. with black eyed peas, collered greens, hominy with bacon, home baked dinner rolls & a pecan pie.
    Anonymous