how did your dh propose?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 12:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• He didn't. We decided to get married when he wanted to join the Military but we were waiting to tell our families before we did it. So after we told my family I came home from work and said "Babe were getting Married on Tuesday" he said "Ok" and Tuesday morning we went to the court house and got married.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• He wrote me a letter. And not a love letter either, it was just a regular letter and then in the middle he wrote, "I always had this image in my head of the perfect woman God would send me, but I guess he send me you. I was thinking we should get married." He swears that the words didn't come out the way he meant them too, lol!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Before my late father passed, he was at a VA Hospital and they had a "Celebration of Life" service for him with friends, family and members of his congregation. DH had already bought my ring, but hadn't asked my dad yet. Well, the night of the service, DH, our 6 yr. old DD and I were there when my dad noticed the ring. He asked DH if he had asked me yet and he said no. My dad then said, "Well I think you should do that" and DH got down on one knee and proposed in front of everyone there. And even though I knew my dad wouldn't be here to walk me down the aisle (as he passed a few weeks later), the memory of my DH asking him for my hand and then asking me to marry him will stay with me forever.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my hubby bought me roses... took me to applebee's (my favorite restaurant) and he said that he wanted to go downtown to the lake to see if hte lights he installed worked(he's an electrician) then we went for a walk downtown and we have this fountain called the little boy and the boot and we were looking at it when he pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him.. and no he didn't watn to get down on his knee.. he said the didn't want to get his jeans dirty. (smartass haha) he was joking but it was cute :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was lying down on the couch and my DH came in from work, sat down on the floor in front of me, pulled the ring out of his pocket, handed it to me and said, "you wanna marry me?" Such a friggin' romantic, lol:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• The day before I was set to go back for my junior year of college, his senior year, he talked to my parents. Then, we went to the pier at the beach, which was the first place we kissed. He got down on his knee in front of a bunch of strangers and proposed. I said yes, then we got out of there. I was freezing! The next day, I went back to college engaged. YAY!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We were in bed:)!!!It was actually quite romantic....
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 1:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was working as a Hostess and was working the morning shift... All of a sudden he and his cheif come lights and sirens in the fire truck (he was a fireman and now is a cop) all in uniform and said that someone called from here and said there was a fire..We were all looking around like WHAT? And then he got down on one knee and said the most romantic thing and i was about 4 months prego so i cried all day long... It was the best.... .
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 2:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008