Provide food for sons 3rd bday?

The past 2 years Ive provided lunch,Im wondering if its expected of me now.Im debating on 3 places to have his party.

One is $20 a guest,20 guest Min=$200 ,food included.No cake(Id bring that).

Second is a magic house,a fun place to play for kids.Cupcakes included.Play for free before and after in the "muesuem".$15 a kid (I think Id have 10 kids)Adult price not listed.

Third is a transportation muesuem.Aka trains.Includes a play area for 90 minutes& cupcakes.$175 up to 10 kids

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 12:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Holidays

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It just depends. I don't think it is rude to not do it, as long as you don't schedule the party during a meal time and inform guests that you will not be providing a meal.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• For some reason I cant edit my post but the total for the first party would be $400
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 12:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I generally just do a family party for my kids. But the parties they have gone to, all they give is cake, or cupcakes. Most of these parties are between 1-5. So, I kinda think it depends on the timing. I'm kind of weird, though, b/c I've never thought that someone would provide a meal at a child's birthday party. I'd say, if you don't want to provide a meal, since you have in the past, just include a note that there will be cake and ice cream, but not food. Maybe put it in a cute way "We will have cake and ice cream, so please save room!" or something, so that it won't seem rude and no one will take offense.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Have his party at a time when you know little ones will have already eaten lunch. Or if that's too late for them, say in the invites. "Make sure you come with full bellies, we're going to have lots of fun and need our energy" That way you've told the parents to feed their kids, but in a fun way.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You guys are soo creative!
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 11:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• we do for their first bday we did more "finger foods" their second bday we order pizza (the papa johns by use had a deal for 6 dolars a pizza) and happy meals for the kids. This year we will do lunch meat, fruits, and little things like that. I wanted to make little hamburgers (we are having Sponge Bob for my one twin the other wants transformers they will be 3) and call them "crabby patties" but I did not want to make my husband or mother cook
    NicknConnersmom

Answer by NicknConnersmom at 2:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Wow. For a 3 year old? Seems a bit much for a tot, especially with 10 more! Small sandwiches, chips, pretzels, juice, (apple or white grape for obvious reasons!) games....pin the tail on the donkey, memory match game with pictures of baby animals....match baby animal with parent. I remember my most successful little kid parties were keeping the kids engaged in an activity. Have little prizes and figure a way that each child will earn one. Have a blast and try not to stress yourself or your wallet out! Also, area Vo-Techs have bakery schools and take orders for cakes....economical, they're really good, and you are helping the school system!
    auntplushy

Answer by auntplushy at 10:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The reason Im having it away is because i dont have the space.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 12:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008