When should a child start crawling?

My daughter is 8 months old, and well she just doenst have any intrest in crawling. She scoots, and she can go in circles, and she likes to pull herself up on thing. But she just HATES being on her belly.

AFBiddleMama420

Asked by AFBiddleMama420 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son never crawled. he walked then he crawled on his hands and knees. lol.
    TattooedBeauty

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 2:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• All kids are different. I worried too. Mine was around 9 months when she started. She is now 21 months and running all over the place. She will crawl when she is ready. You never know she may go straight to walking. Good Luck!
    HannahEsmommy

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son started to crawling when he was 8 months old and walking when he was 11 months.
    Your daughter just need to be ready and she needs something she is really interested in close by so she has to crawl to reach it.
    In my son's case was a box of toys in a friends house.
    If she sees other kids crawling could speed up the process.
    danielamelfi

Answer by danielamelfi at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter is almost 8 months old and she started to crawl at 7 months but now decided it takes a lot less energy to roll everywhere and that's exactly what she does, rolls everywhere and she gets around fast...
    The baby will start to crawl when they are ready to and some may never.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 2:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i have the same problem my daughter is 6 months and all my friends have kids to and they all said theirs walked about 6 months and shes not doing n e thing like she can roll over and scoot around and stuff but not crawl like at first she hated being in her belly now she likes it for so long then she screams..
    mommy2b121107

Answer by mommy2b121107 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• She'll get there, it's just a matter of time. As they say in every email: each child develops at their own pace. Some, like my oldest, completely skip crawling. He turned his cirles and rolled over until he could climb up the furniture to "cruise." For now, give her the opportunities to practice with belly time. Try placing toys around her just out of reach and see if she turns scooting into crawling for the rewards! Good luck and remember not to worry too much about what "everyone else's kid" does or did. Focus on celebrating your daughter's growth and discoveries!
    DanicaMom

Answer by DanicaMom at 5:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My nephew was 10 months when he started crawling. We were all getting a little concerned. But then at 11 months he started walking with support and now is 17 months and runs all over the place. My son was around 7 months. Every baby is different. Try taking her favorite toy and placing it just beyond her reach. Perhaps with some incentive, she will realize it isn't a bad idea to try and crawl
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008