probably stupid...

is windex harmful to breath during pregnancy.

i'm 30wks2days.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's not bad for you at all! Just follow the same mantra that you should at all times when using any cleaning substances: make sure you're in a well-ventilated place!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yeah, you should get something all natural like Seventh Generation cleaning products :)
    They're perfectly fine to use when pregnant, and are even sold at babies r' us.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 12:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Some books I have read say that when you are cleaning to be in an open room with a window or a fan because chemicals can make you sick. I do not think that it is physical or mentally damaging to the baby unless you are sniffing it everyday!!!
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 12:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• im going to assume you are just cleaning with it so yes its fine just make sure you are in a well vinted area while using it. Its more of the smell thats going to make you sick i dont think its a issue for baby or atleast in many of the books iv read.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I used Windex and more while pregnant with both. While an organic product is going to be best for you, baby and the enviroment I do not expect you to go buy new cleaning products before you clean your bathroom lol. I was a clenaing junkie while preggers withthe little one so I made sure I opened every window and turned ont eh exhaust fan in evey bathroom even if I was cleaning the kitchen. keep it well ventilated and turn ypour head away when you spray.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008