pimples

im 9 weeks pregnant and a couple of days ago my face has broken out bad, normally my face is clear, I know its the hormones, is there anything i can do to get rid of them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just keep washing your face like normal. i dont think i was ever told about bad facewash during pregnancy.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Go online & try out the "Vivant toner & gel" This products is found in a lot of spas as well. It really helps with problem areas & I wish that I had found it when I was pregnant.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• just keep washing your face this may be something that sticks around for your intire pregnancy so not much you can do. Maybe try a different face wash if you need.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I had to change what I was using on my face, but it was because mine was drying my face out! I changed to a Neutrogena face wash and my skin has cleared up tremendously! Your hormones have changed alot and what worked before may not now... it may not even work the same after you have your little one. I use a fragrance free for sensitive skin. Don't overwash though and try not to pick. Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• congratulations!!! I had really bad acne thru the first 4 months of pregnancy. Just keep washing your face, I would recommend using the non medicated stuff cuz your body may react strangely to the medicated kind (my face got really red and irritated if I used the medicated wash) There's not much you can do about it.. but usually it starts to go away after your first trimester.. good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Use a moisturizer! I know it seems like the last thing your skin needs is more moisture, but your oil glands will be less active if your skin is already moisturized!

Kinda gross: that "glow" pregnant women get is actually caused by excess oil, nothing more! Thankfully, it will probably go back to normal after baby is born...though it may take a little time. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm going through the same thing - 14 weeks pregnant and my skin is horrible!!! Unfortunately my doctors told me to stay away from any product that has the "normal" acne fighting meds in them - salacilic acid and benezoil peroxide. I'm going to look into the products that "onespecialmom" recommended above. But just know - you are not alone!!
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 4:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2008