Presents...MORE DETAILS....

I have 3 step kids, ages: 26, 21, 19. The oldest step-daughter has moved to Witchita Falls and lives with a mortician that has two kids of his own. She is recently pregnant and called and told her dad that she got married by the JP but is going to have a formal wedding in a year. I am assuming she is pregnant, via a comment she made to me about grandchildren while she was mad because things weren't going her way. She is the only one that didn't call or come over at all on Christmas day. Called her dad the day after and said she was too busy with "his" kids to come over and was already back in Witchita Falls and would get with him later. My other two step-kids were called Christmas day BY ME and told they had presents and asked if they could stop by and both of them said YES but did not call or come over. This is not the first time for the oldest daughter, she did same thing last year. I kept her presents for 10 months.

Sheriberi

Asked by Sheriberi at 12:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• they are grown with their own lives..you should consider that.
    Anonymous

• Who cares if they are grown, they sound like ungrateful brats to me. Good luck. Sounds like you'll need it. How does it effect your husband, he is really the one to concentrate on. God Bless!
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My thought is why are you trying to push yourself on them so much?? If you and their father are no longer together they may feel as thouhg they are not to or dont want to interact or be around you much. I dont think its right of you to be this petty about presents. You obviously know how they act, seeing as you said you kept one persons presents for 10 months, so why do you continue buying them Things if you are just going to be upset and petty about these things. These children obviously dont care that much and frankly dont respect you. It may be hard but you need to step out of their lives a little more and not get your hopes up and stop badgering them dont call to say I have your present come get them, call to say Merry Christmas will I get to see you this time around?
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have to read all your posts about this and I have to say you are doing everything u can to make this situation worse. I think they don't come because of your attitude. I am not trying to be mean but you sound very harsh and judgemental of dh'kids. Geez does he let u get away with this crap? if I had a step mother that treated/acted the way u are I wouldn't come over either.Why don't u just stop draggin everything out and admit u hate his kids and don't care if they show or not. wow...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008