Presents....more details....

The son is 21 and has a girlfriend and works with his dad. See's him at work...I could prolly let husband take his and his girlfriends presents to them at work...but I guess, it's a respect issue...not a convenience issue. He was prolly messed up or drunk or both and could not come to his dad's house on Christmas. I have a hard time buying any of his kids anything, and usually don't except at Christmas. He gave him a bonus (cash) at work. His youngest daughter; just got her diploma FINALLY from high school (she's 19) if that tells you anything about this one. A week before Christmas! But yet I still had a present for her. As for my husband, which I think is HALF the problem, he hasn't bothered to tell me WHY they did not show up but he has talked to all of them. He let's his kids walk all over him which is exactly why they didn't bother coming.

Sheriberi

Asked by Sheriberi at 1:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't know about this situation but don't count the girl out based on when she gets her diploma... I didn't get mine till just before I turned 19 and then went on to college and was able to buy my own house at age 20. I am now married to an Army man with two beautiful children that I get to spend the days being the boo boo kisser and adoring wife. You can't judge her on what she hasn't done right in your eyes, only what she is making right now.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yes, you should be proud she actually finnished high school, even if it was at 19.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• fyi come next yr get them nothing save the money and go on a nice vacation
    Anonymous