Do Babies have to burp every time they eat?

My child is 6 weeks old and he hasn't burped after feedings in like 2 days, is that normal?

brosie22

Asked by brosie22 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've read that babies do not necessarily need to burp after every feeding and have found this to be true with my baby...my son lets me know by fussing and crying if he has a burp that needs to get out.
    JaydensMom12308

Answer by JaydensMom12308 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Babies don't always have to burp. I read somewhere that after a minute of patting or so, if they don't burp, they may not have to. They don't always take in air. My son is now 8 months old and I never burp him. He always seems to stop taking the bottle when he is full and then he will burp on his own. If your baby isn't fussy like he has gas, he should be fine.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 12:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• This all depends on the child. I burp them all and advise to if your child has problems with acid reflux!
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• A baby should be burping to release the air that is gulped during their feeding.Othwerwise it is very likely that they will get gas pains.
    Caitlynsmommy07

Answer by Caitlynsmommy07 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i give my babies mylicon (gas drops) before i feed them to ease any air bubbles taken in while eaten--just incase they don't burp. They do for the most part, but then sometimes it'll be 10 or so mins later then they'll let it rip! hahaha..they're only 3months but boy--they sure can burp! ;)
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• At least try if not baby tummy will get upset
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 9:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• its normal if they dont all t he time. we all know it certainly makes for a comfy baby if they do, so always try... at this age, try after every 2 ounces. later, try moving the legs cuz maybe that burp traveled to the butt! lol. just be sure to try each feeding.
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 11:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008