Completely exhausted...

I am almost 36 wks. I felt fine other than some contractions, pressure and back pain (as fine as fine could feel). But I had energy to get things done, kinda was in the nesting stage. Today I am completely exhausted, hardly can stand for a short period of time, I am getting contractions in the back, my legs completely ache, and felt as if I was going to pass out. Had appt. yesterday and felt fine still 3cm dilated. I hardly want to move, but have kids to take care of and house I feel needs straightened. Anyone idea what is wrong with me all the sudden, I slept fine last night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your getting really close to having your little one! I'm going threw the same thing. I can't walk from my living room to my kitchen and back without getting really winded and having to sit down.
    I know it sounds weird but have you tried shoveling snow? I did that last night and for the next couple hours I had an enormous amount of energy. I think it was because the cold is envigorating.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I wish we had snow here (LOL). For PA, we are having some pretty warm weather... maybe once my other little wakes up I will go outside and see if that helps out. Some fresh air. I just basically got a shower today, and put away couple clean dishes. I want to fold wash and unload dishwasher, and straighten up around here, but have no energy. I just want to sleep. Argh... I hate being lazy, I just cannot get energy to do anything.
    Anonymous

• I definitely wouldn't shovel snow while pregnant, though! I loe to shovel, but I had to go all last winter without...and now I have someone to take care of INSIDE, so I can't go out this year, either! I shoveled a couple of weeks ago at my parents while they watched my little guy and it was WONDERFUL. The next day, though, I wanted to die!

Your body is probably just saying, "Hey lady, I need a break!" It sounds like you've been pushing yourself a bit lately (even though it felt ok). As much as it sucks, I'd try to relax while you still can! I know you have other kids to take care of, but it's ok if the house is a little messier than usual, you're nine months pregnant for God's sake!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008