His answer was......

So me and my SO got in a huge fight last night over the dumbest thing. We eventually got over it and I made the dumb mistake of asking "do you even want to be with me" and his answer was "i dunno I just take it day by day" how would you take that? MOST days he really does act like he does. But to me that answer says he isn't sure?!? Please don't give me ignorent answers I am looking for some honest outlook on this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I think he just said it in the heat of the moment. If you fight a lot he probally doesn't want to be with you when your fighting. He probally enjoys being with you when you two are happy and not fighting but questions it when you fight.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you already know why he said it, "but to me that answer says he isn't sure". You guys need to talk find out why he feels that why to decide if it fixable or not. If not just leave and cut your losses
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It sounds as though he is in doubt. Perhaps a separation might be in order. Then he'll be able to get his thoughts together to decide what he wants.

Answer by Bmat at 1:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• There are days EVERY married couple feels like that. My ILs have been married over 30 year and will tell you that there are honestly supposed to be times in a relationship where you don't get along well and may not even like your spouse... What makes it beautiful is standing by each other's side anyway and making it through to the other side where you are able to fall in love again.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I will say that this is, for me, where the difference between married unmarried comes in. As a person who beleives in marriage, I would say that if you aren't married yet and are feeling this way, it's not a good sign. If you are looking for an end all be all commitment, you don't want to make it with someone who has doubts.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It sounds like he is reconsidering this relationship. You should ask him what he wants. And definitely stop the fighting, especially over dumb stuff.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It isn't wrong to ask him (and expect a truthful answer) from him.

Ask him "The other night, did you mean what you said or were you just angry?" If he did mean it, tell him you'd like to work on it and ask if he's willing to do that. For this to work it will take the both of you putting forth a great effort.

If he thinks he doesn't want to work on it, you can't make him want to. If you two end up splitting, you can find comfort in knowing you did what you could to reach out to him.

No matter what happens, I hope things work out well in the end. Stay strong.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 3:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008