Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should be try this?

My childs father and i arent having regular sex and im tired of begging and complaining, i figure he dosent want me sexually anymore and i think i should just except it, we are great parents together minus the sex issues. so should we just be parents and have no sex life?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • Ofcourse not....You need to talk to him...People get divorced because of the problem you are having.

    Answer by Dannee at 1:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Get some toys, let him "catch" you doing it, maybe he will get the hint. If not, well, then you still have the toys!

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Um no. You both should put effort in to making eachother happy. He needs to compromise.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • No you shouldn't sacrifice that - it's a huge part of a relationship and needs to be addressed.

    Answer by Meshell7 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • I have the same problem!!!!! I think our problem is he is scared of getting me pregnant again...although he hasn't said that I can tell. We do use birth control and protection so I am not sure why, but have you sat and talked to him about it??

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • He should have a physical check up to rule out some medical problem. Since you have talked about it already with him, perhaps marriage counseling. If you have a family doctor that you can trust, or your gyn, then talk the matter over with them, maybe they would have some ideas. But don't settle, there should be something that can be done.

    Answer by Bmat at 1:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • IMO, no you shouldn't. Both of you need to find some sort of "happy medium" and compromise with each other. JMO though.


    Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Nope... There are lots of resources for help with this. At the very least you both need to see a doctor to check out sex drive issues. Then be open to talking about everything. Is hygiene an issue for either of you? Talk about any concerns you have. Also try making sure things outside the bedroom are discussed too, kwim? I love the book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands... but one of the things she says is that when things go bad, go back to a time when they were good. I frequently get dressed up in the outfit we met in :) The biggest thing is communication...  Are you married?  Is that possibly an issue for either of you?


    Answer by CooksWife at 1:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Um also, how old are your little ones? I mean is it super soon after the birth?

    Answer by CooksWife at 1:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Are you guys really in a relationship together or is he just your "childs father"? If you guys are in a relationship it should always be 100% from each side which includes the other persons feelings about sex, you really have o talk to him to find out whats up, sometimes its something you never thought it would be

    Answer by hautemama83 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.