Bi mom needing advise on introducing my children to any woman I date

I have a date with a woman coming up and althoug I know it may lead to nothing. i still am wondering how I could explain to my 3 yr. it's okay to kiss and hold hands and cuddle with a woman if i ever do get in a relationship with one. any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I think if you are serious about having a meaningful relationship with a women, then you should approach it the same way that you would if it was a man. Dont be quick to bring strangers into your childs life before a relationship is established.
    olivemommy

Answer by olivemommy at 1:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• YOU SHOULD PROBILY WAIT UNTIL YOU MEET SOMEONE SERIOUS.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• im going to be in the same situation when my baby is born because im bi too. my advise is just to try and explain it to him/her the best you can. since your kid is still young it would be better to tell em now rather than later. later in life it might have a greater social influence so you might wanna teach em while theyre young....
    babygirlisamom

Answer by babygirlisamom at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's one thing to speak with your child about it being okay to be with a member of the same sex, it's another to introduce your child to someone who is just a date, especially if your child is so young. Now if you start dating someone and it turns out to be a long term, serious relationship, then go ahead and introduce your child.
    Anonymous

• i grew up with a lesbian mother who dated fairly often. She introduced her dates as any one in a hetero relationship would. This is so and so...explain to your child that all realtionships are natural. Some men like women some like men, some women like to be with men others woth women some with both. If you're cool with it your child will be too... Are you in a commited realtionship and are looking to date women in addition to or to the exclusivity of? Either way, wait until date 3 or 4 before you introduce anyone in to your childs life and introduce them as a friend.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• yes I realsie I need to wait till it becomes serious before introducing them. I just didn;t know how i would do that she didn;t even like me kissing daddy
    Anonymous

• just do it like if it was a guy friend..... kids understand and except more than you realize.
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 2:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Wait until it does get serious with someone, until then the best thing would be to just introduce them as "mommys friend", thats what I always did with any man I was dating with my DD
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• it's a tricky thing to explain that to a child. the best way might be to not show affection around your child til you feel they are old enough to understand about same sex couples.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• uggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISGUSTING
    Anonymous