• In the Spotlight:

children say the darndest things

So i just got done reading a post and it reminded me of when my son was little and some of the things he said.

what is the funniest or most emberassing thing your child has said to your or in public?

My son at about 2 and half was sitting at the table at a restuarant for his grandfathers 70 birthday dinner and out of no where when it was real quit said "papa what the hell is this"?
OMG i was so embaressed i mean im sure he had her me say it or had her someone in our family say it.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When my little Dominic was about 2 and 1/2 he couldn't say "sock"
    I remember him throwing tantrums screaming, "mommy! get my cock off!"
    talk about embarrassing.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 1:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My friends daughter ran around saying "shit head" over and over again to me one day.
    Anonymous

• When my youngest son was 3, I was getting him out of the bath. His winkie was red, so I asked if it was ok. He said yeah. Then he asked me if my winkie hurt. I said mommy doesnt have a winkie. He said oh, you need to go to walmart and buy one. I about died laughing.
    mommie020308

Answer by mommie020308 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• one time we had friends over and one of my friends said the F word and my three year old looked at him and said "only my daddy can say that" it was soo funny, and then the same night they had their little girl over and we asked my son if she was his girlfriend and he said "no, I am only big pimpin"
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My daughter, like so many children has an ill-conceived idea of what's "OLD". She mentioned one day (to one of our customers) that "mommy's not old cuz she's not 30 yet. Daddy's old and about to die cuz he's almost 40"

Now "about to die" is our family's ephemism for old.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My middle child couldn't say truck for the longest time. We went to a parade with the kids when she was about 4. The fire truck turns the corner and my darling daughter screams at the top of her lungs..."Look! It's a fire F***!!"

My grandma turned 75 two years ago. We had a HUGE surprise party for her at my mom's. Grandma walks in and my oldest jumps out and says "Happy 100th birthday Gramma!" When someone commented she informs them, "Well, I wasn't sure. But Mommy said Gramma's not old, she's ancient. So I figured it was close!" Thanks kid.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 2:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• After he asked 100 times, "what's for dinner" i'd tell my son fried farts and pickled assholes. Every day for a week he's do this. One day at the store he asked "what's for dinner" and I said fried farts, he looked at me all seriously and said "not again"
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My daughter was talking to me and her had and we had something and she said No, You say Holy FUCK! I about died.... I m glad we werent around anyone because most of our family are morman and we arent and that just wouldnt fly....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 3:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• jacob once told the sitter when he was potty training that as long as he didn't poop in his pants he was not on trouble. logan told my mom that she had a pretty bra. kaitlynne once told my mom that she was pretty. and conner told his father to 'suck on my b@lls" the other day in the car. we both just about cried laughing so hard.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My 5 year old cousin asked me what kind of job I had. I told him (at the time I was working for a major car rental agency) and then he asked me how much the cars cost and how long can you rent them. Then, when he's about to get off the phone he said, "Well, take care and make sure you keep that job cause my mommy's gonna need one of your cars to take me to school.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 5:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008