How?

What are some ways to help dilate? I know sex is one but any others that could help? I'm only 1cm and I am 38 weeks and this is my third baby. I would like to help move it along a little more. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• nothing will work if baby isnt ready many women stay dialted at 1cm for weeks. but you can try walking, sex, nipple stimulation thats really about it though.
    Good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• let nature take it course
    my doc said your body wont do anything untill it is ready
    but spicy food is one thing u can try
    and doing jumping jacks
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I lady i use to work with said to play with your nipples like really hard... she believed it...worth a shot!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 3:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• You could have your membranes stripped. My due date was December 3, on the 2nd I went in for a check up and they stripped (also called stirred) my membranes and at 11:30 pm on December 3 I delivered my son!!! It was also my first child, very rare to be exactly on time!! Talk with your doctor. Sex helps alot too. The orgasm helps stimulate contractions and the sperm soften the cervix. Also try walking. Spicy food, castor oil and all those other herbal and food remedies don't work. They usually just make you more miserable!! Good luck!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 3:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• anything that induces contractions might help. though sperm naturally softens the cervix and helps with dialation. you might want to try walking. or even spicy foods. just think that anything that will make your tummy contract will help sometimes.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i was at 3cm for 3 weeks with my 2nd...i didnt have my membranes stripped becuase it sounded wayy too painful..but you're suposed to go into labor within 48 hrs..sometiems that doesnt work at all too though..and i have heard the thing about nipple stimulation
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I tried everything possible to try to get my overdue son to come and none of them worked for me but I heard lots of stories of them working for other women. Eventually they induced me when he was one week past his due date. Good Luck! It is hard to wait!
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 1:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008