How Rude? or am I over-reacting?

Talked to neighbors about getting together for New Years, They completely assumed, I meant at my house. Which I didn't... But I will. (Even though I have never been to their house, and they have been to my house several times.. Anyways we decide to get together w/ kids and all, But neither of them has called to find out what to bring, or what the plan is? I feel like I always have to do all the work. I have to make plans for us, Invite them to my house, have all the kids trashing my house, and I am sick of it! They talked to us, and said that they wanted to goet together before New Years, and we said, " Hey, Give us a call!" But then they never called!!! So irritating, am I being a baby???

jennieo622

Asked by jennieo622 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Totally rude and I would not always do it at my home. What their house is too good for you all.
    If they don't call or do anything I would plan them out. And if and when they show up I would tell them just that.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Actually, if you are the one initiating the get-together, you can't assume that it should be at THEIR house. Don't initiate anymore. If they bring it up, then you respond "great, what should I bring over". Plus, since the party is usually at your house, they probably do think you like being the hostess. I can't blame them for thinking that either. Some people do love being the hostess, and some people really aren't good at it. They may not mean ANY harm at all. When they come over this time, you should just blurt it out (in a non-accusing way) "when are we going to do this at your place!" Put them on the spot.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I think you just need to be more assertive and call them and tell them that you guys need to figure out who is bringing what, as for not going over to their house maybe come up with a reason as to why it would be better to do things over at their house instead of yours, and see what they say
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• give them a call and mention that you were just checkin to make sure about the plans cause you hadn't heard from them. then get all the details out and make sure they are agreed on. then at the end of the conversation ask if they mined if your family came over this weekend, to their house to hang out.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008