TILTED UTERUS?

SO I WENT TODAY AND HAD AN ULTRASOUND I AM 10 WEEKS AND THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD A TILTED UTERUS. THEY SAID IT WAS NO BIG DEAL BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THEY WERE JUST SMOOTHING THINGS OVER TIL THE DOCTOR CAN CALL ME.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH LETTING ME KNOW WHAT CONCERNS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS.

Ashley.herzing

Asked by Ashley.herzing at 2:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've heard it puts you at a high risk for a c-section but as for the baby you should be fine
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have a tilted uterus and my and I are completely fine. I had a vaginal delivery and everything went good. I don't think it is anything to be worried about.
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I never knew that I had one until I went to my dr that I am going to now. She told me and I had already had a baby years before. She told me that it really was no big deal. I've heard some people say it makes it easier to get pregnant and others to say the opposite. But, if it bothers you to think about it, I would ask your doctor.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Depending on HOW tilted it is. They would have told you now it if was something more serious. mine was tilted, and it as it got bigger, it evened out with my cervix.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have one . I have three normal full term pregnancies. It is nothing. I wouldn't worry.

Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i have had a ob/gyn tell me the same thing i think. all that meant to me was that i needed someone with longer fingers to check me as i progressed thru the pregnancy. if you are worried about it. www.webmd.com
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• it seems like everyone has a tilted uterus these days... lol
    Anonymous

• I have one as well I have had 3 miscarraiges and 1 healthy pregnancy. It was vaginal.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I have one and it makes it were my babies dont go into the birth canal and I dont dilate I have to have c-sections. And when they check me it is VERY painfull because they have to go way up in there. But like a PP said it depends on how tilted it is.
    Anonymous

• It should be fine. Mine is tited and this is my fourth pregnancy. I think it does cause you to have a little more preasure or pain in your back if it's tilted backwards (mine is), but that might just be me, since my uterus has always been tilted. I don't think it is anything to worry about.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008