Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Abuse claims (false)

Ok so the school turned me in because while laughing ,my 8yr old son, who has ADHD ,told them that I tied him up to the ab lounge and wouldnt let him go, what happened was he did it to himself and had to have me unstrap him. Anyway we went through the whole ordeal with the Child Abuse people and she explained how rediculas the accusations were and dropped the case. So I received the papers stating that the case of John Doe Sr. was NOT abused by Jane Doe anyway he is a Jr. not a Sr. so because of this mix up can i have the charges off of my file?

Answer Question

Asked by determind at 2:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Probably not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • You should definitely look into it. I know that for other things, careless mistakes like that cause charges to be dropped or records cleared. One example, I got a speeding ticket once and the officer wrote the wrong date and time on the ticket, it was thrown out. So it sure wouldn't hurt for you to check it out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • No unfortunately your name will now be red flagged as someone who has had cps called on them. It sucks but its just the way it is.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Yea, it does suck, because before I was a SAHM I was a teacher for 13 years, so if I ever have to get a job at the schools again that is not going to be good and it pi--es me off!

    Answer by determind at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Contact the agency and make them aware of the mistake. I am so sorry you had to be the victim of a false accusation but i suppose better safe than sorry right?

    Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • The most messed up part is if some one files a false report against you, the state will only persue charges if they file three false reports.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • If your innocent and it has been proven so, why would it be looked on as something negative if you go to get a job in the school system?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • I know it's rough and unfair because we went through the same thing when our oldest DD made a comment while we eating out. There were two paramedics sitting across from us and took my license plate down and CPS was at our door the next am. As far as having the charges taken off your record, IRDK how that works. Maybe try getting a lawyer? And sometimes if you can't afford one, there might be a legal aid office near where you live and I think they use a sliding scale as far as payment. Hope this helps some and Good Luck.


    Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

  • Those false reports only stay on your record for a year. They've been called on my 3 times by daycare parents, and all were proven false. I received a letter stating that since the accusations were false, they would be deleted off my record after one year. If I wished to have them deleted before that time, I could contact CPS and they would do so at my request. I don't have any reason to have them deleted before a year, since they were unfounded and I am a SAHM, so I've never contacted them about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.