4 week old with diarrhea?

Is this normal? We started supplementing with formula Christmas day, could this be why? What should I do? We've also been trying to heal his diaper rash and it looks worse, could the diarrhea be the cause? Please help!!!

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The diarrhea is definitely what is causing the rash. If my 4 week old had diarrhea that bad for that long, I would take him to the ER! Babies that young can get dehydrated very quickly! At the very least, call your pediatrician IMMEDIATELY and let him/her know what is going on. God bless!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My son had really bad diaherra a few week ago and he had a very bad rash so bad he could not sit on his bottom. So what we started doing was using a wet rage to wipe him off and then drying his bottom with a dry rage and using diaper rash cream after every diaper.
    Anonymous

• Use A&D only for diaper rash. Call the doc just to be sure. Its probably normal though.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008