What can I do to help lighten my strech marks and help my tummy firm up?

I am about to give birth and all my weight has been baby weight. I didnt get any strech marks until my 8th month and I have been using tummy butter and lotion like it is going out of style. But they look pretty bad. I would like to find something to tighten up my tummy (besides exercising it off) and to lighten the red strech marks.

mommyslove08

Asked by mommyslove08 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Umm good luck..I used the butter stuff to and still have them. They do turn from pink to silver with time. I think exercise is the only way..JMO.
    cdogdevon

Answer by cdogdevon at 12:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I used coco butter by Palmers and have no marks. Try that one! It is fantastic for your sking if nothing else... Firming up was aided by support panties after my little one's birth. Walking helps a lot too. If you don't like the walk, try swimming! Hope this helps...
    GigglingMommy

Answer by GigglingMommy at 1:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well, i was preggers with twins and didn't get any stretch marks until the very last week....ugh...BUT i can say that using your make-up foundation on it will give the illusion of no stretch marks...i've tried it. I like the results--but as far as firming up--it's a process. I like wearing the support shorts--it smoothes everything out and helps keep muscles tight....
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I like Bio-Oil, I think it works very well!
    shopaholicmommy

Answer by shopaholicmommy at 5:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Stretch Mark & AntiAging Cream

Rejuvenating body cream that helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Moisturizes and restores firmness and elasticity to aging body skin. Improves skin texture and tone giving it a smoother, younger appearance.

mommysterling2

Answer by mommysterling2 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2008