Snacks

For 2009 I'm trying to lose some weight. I am a SAHM and I eat when I get bored. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good healthy snack other than fruit and veggies? How about the 100 calorie packs?

kmstanfo

Asked by kmstanfo at 3:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Low fat cheese is good too and if you like cottage cheese thats good for you too. peanuts are a good snack with protein....pistachios too. try to keep busy so maybe you won't eat as much. or just eat smaller meals (snacks) more often throughout the day and then you won't be piling on snacks on top of other bigger meals.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 3:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Rice cakes are good if you like them. The 100 calorie packs aren't enough for me...I end up eating 2 or 3 which defeats the purpose. I drink a lot of green tea in between meals so I snack less and it's good for you. Some times I'll grab a few slices of turkey (deli meat).
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I like string cheese or maybe a big tablespoon of peanut butter with a cup of black coffee (I actually have the peanut butter / coffee thing for breakfast when I get to my office, and it fills me up for four hours until lunchtime! )
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Just snack on fruit.

Nuts in general are not a good snack...they are fatty. Yes they have good fats in - but there is such a thing as having too much of a good thing. It would take only a couple of handles to put you in to having more than 50% totaly calories a day from fat by eating nuts...so if you do please dip into nuts sparingly.

Cheese isnt good for you.

Rice cakes either.

Stick to fruit...just consume enough of it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2008