Anyone else out there going thru he pain of your baby being daignosed with cystic hygroma?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, but I am interested in what it is. We lost a daughter this past January to trisomy 18 which is a fatal chromosome disorder. How does it affect baby and will baby be okay? I'm always here to talk to if you need me
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am currently going through this. There are a bunch of us on BabyCenter in a Cystic Hygroma Support Group. You should check it out ... we're all due this coming summer or sooner. I found out our baby had a 7.8 mm cystic hygroma at my 12 week scan and immediately underwent the CVS test which came back normal. At my follow-up ultrasound 2 weeks later the hygroma had gotten smaller. My next step is to have my 20 week detailed ultrasound and an echocardiogram of the baby's heart. From what I've figured out, the hygroma can indicate a genetic issue, a heart or other complication or nothing. Check us out on BabyCenter - you'll get a lot of answers from that group since we all have slightly different situations. It was very painful to get this news at first ... but it's getting easier. Until they do my next U/S in 3 weeks there's nothing I can do but wait. Good luck to you!
    ErinGD

Answer by ErinGD at 12:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I also found out at my 12 week appointment that my baby has a ch of 8, close in size to your babies.  We have not done the CVS, and my opt for the amnio at 18 weeks.  I hope to hear the same news that it has gone down in size.  Please keep me updated on your scenario.  We are waiting as well!  CareyCo

CareyCo

Answer by CareyCo at 6:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I just got the news yesterday but the Dr I went to didn't even give me the size of the hygroma. I do know my baby has fetal hydrops which is the accumulation of fluid in the body. The only option the Dr gave me was to terminate the pregnancy per I'm 16wks. I started reading about it & I'll find another Dr that can at least give me the full info. Its very hard, even if my baby dies I'm not terminating it. Good luck I hope everything gets better for you. I know I'm devastated, Mari
    prmari0610

Answer by prmari0610 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well I had posted that I got the news. Unfortunately on July 21st(my 17wk appt) I discovered my baby didn't have a heart beat anymore. I was senr to the hospital & delivered my still born on July 22nd 2010. I don't mean to alarm you but be ready for the worst. I'm going thru so much pain & emotions that I don't know how to react. My baby's Hygroma wasn't really big but the hydrops were causing his heart rate to go slow. I did the amnio and my result were the baby didn't have any chromo nor genetic disorders but the baby still didn't make it. This cases are hard it all depends on the will of God per there is nothing we can do about it. I wish you good luck.
    prmari0610

Answer by prmari0610 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010