Due Date Disaster

When I first found out I was pregnant (I wasn't trying, and was on birth control so I had no idea) I was told (ultrasound tech) I was 17 wks and my due date would be Jan 9th, then my Dr said more like the 16th, and now at my last ultrasound the tech and my Dr said Jan 20th. But I feel like it needed to be last week. I told my Dr that I really feel like its been too long, he says everything seems fine, but that if i haven't gone into labor by the 12th we'll think about inducing that day. I know he's the Dr but I really feel like its been too long,..... is that normal? are the ultrasounds accurate? what are the risk associated with having an overdue baby (in case I am right)?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My mother had my brother three weeks over due and me two weeks over due...we are both fine.
    I would just trust he doctor...it is his job to make sure you and your baby are healthy
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I was two weeks late, that is usually the max time. If you haven't gone past that you should be fine. Just relax, the baby knows when the time is right! He'll make a grand appearance when you least expect it!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 3:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Let it go as long as possible IMO. The only risk that I'm aware of is your baby getting too big and having to have a c-section, but the doctor will be able to tell if that's happening. Just let nature take it's course. The last month or so is the worst and it seems like it will never end, but hang in there. You don't want to be induced unless you have to.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• u/s are usually pretty close to being right plus your body knows when its time your due dates dont change dramatically so im sure the size of the baby has them changing your due date. If they notice that your fluid is low im sure they would be more concerned. just relax your dr isnt going to let you go that far over due.
    Anonymous

• My due date is jan 20th and I am having a c-section on the 13th. I also feel like it has been to long. And this is my third baby. Plus I know when I got pregnant. I was trying. So we didnt have sex ALL the time. But they say it is the 20th. I dont trust them but there isnt anything you can do except go into labor which if you find a way to do that I would love to know what it was and if it worked LOL
    Anonymous

• You should really think of it as your due month, rather than set due date, as very few babies are born on their actual due date. They can be off by a couple of weeks!
    Anonymous

• Im due Jan 20th too, and im not sure when i got pregnant cause im thinking i must have gotten pregnant right after my period or i had a fluke period it was wierd this time.... i know what month but very confused as to when that month but me and SO have sex alot so it would be hard to pin point it anyway. I guess just trust your DR!! We all have to I know it sucks!!! good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I've heard that being too overdue could lead to other problems.... as a matter of fact I'm positive. I've had a third trimester stillborn and belong to the group on cafemom, well there are two women i know of that went almost 2 weeks over and their babies didn't make it. One b/c the baby had so little room, hardly any fluid left and the other's cord got wrapped around her neck and had no room to move away. Not to scare you but it can happen.... I also know that the u/s is usually more accurate in the beginning of pregancy. They could be off! I would consider getting looked at by another doctor to be safe
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008