Question about WIC

We currently have WIC and I was wondering how long do they provide formula for? I heard from someone that they will only give you formula until the child is six months old. My daughter is now six months and I really hope they will provide it till she is a year old because we really depend on that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• until the child is 1 year
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• They provide wic until the baby is a year old. At 6 month they start giving you baby cereal. At after the year they give you food. (milk, cheese, cereal,juice, eggs)
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• One year... Then you get Milk.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• they provide it for a year. They'll give you other stuff like milk and cheese after the baby is a year old, and each child qualifies until he/she is 5 depending on the other qualifications. I really like that they don't count your SO's income in your application unless your married. Found that out a couple months ago when I went for redetermination after having my baby.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• 1 year then they give your milk, ceral etc for the child up until 5
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Kristal2146- I dont mean to be rude but shouldnt you be counting your SO's income anyway if he is living with you? Otherwise you are abusing the system and that is why so many people get a bad name for having to use goverment assistance. Some of us really need it and if you dont then you shouldnt be getting it.
    Anonymous

• OP- Thanks ladies for all your responces. I feel so relieved knowing that we will still be able to get formula.
    Anonymous

• Yup, formula for 12 months and then for children up to age 5: milk, cheese, cereal, peanut butter or beans and probably more stuff by now (we haven't been on it since 2003). And no, I don't think they do count your SO's income unless you're married, which does suck for married couples with low incomes or SAHMs, but what can you do.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• In the state of Missouri they counted my b/f income. for WIC. I dont know what state you guys live in...I didnt work so it didnt matter. We still got it.
    They stated giving us baby cereal & juice at 4 mo. in addition to the formula. I did not start giving it to my baby till 6 mo. though because she was just not ready yet to eat cereal.
    Anonymous

• Why didnt you just call the WIC office & ask?
    Anonymous