What did you learn today?

Today, I saw something with Danny DeVito in it and decided to look him up...he is 5' even and worked as a cosmetician before entering show biz. He landed his career breaking role as the dispatcher on Taxi when he slammed the script down and said "Who wrote this sh*t" and they saw he had enough attitude for the role.

That, my friends, is trivial crap that wont get me anywhere in life! lol...probably worthless information...but its what I learned today.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I learned that longevity does not necessarily equal knowledge at work. I’ve been here just over a year. People that have been here five, ten years, and even longer, know less than me when it comes to some things.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 4:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I learned that your water line will freeze at 35 below even when it's wrapped with heat tape that's supposed to work to 40 below :(

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Hey Lornamay!! I learned that same thing last week!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I learned that my SO and his Navy buddies all talk on the phone like women. I caught him on the phone with his friend who was at the mall talking about jeans that were on sale!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I learned that you can make excellent cinnamon rolls without a yeast dough in about an hour :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• That crystal meth crystallizes under the skin causing heavy duty, long term users to scratch all the time. I always wondered what was up with the scratching. Yay, for Intervention on A&E.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I learned that my son has a ton of energy and its only going to compound as he gets older!!
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 5:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It may seem trivial, but you never know when it may come in handy. Jeopardy may come a-callin'!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I learned that I DID actually have a heart attack in October! Went to another cardiologist today and he ran some test and was shocked that the cardiologist I had been using basically brushed me off and said "hmm, I don't know what happened". I knew something had happened because I still don't feel right. Sure enough what one doctor saw as something trivial, another is taking a something serious! Don't let doctors tell you everything is FINE especially if you don't feel FINE! Now I get to wait and see how much damage has been done and what we have to do from here!
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 6:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I learned that I can obey my 8 yr old who tells me to go to bed! LOL

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1345176&posted=1
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008