When painting rooms in a house do the colors have too match..

We are painting the living room, dining area, kids room, bathrrom. I love mustard yellow, and lime green, purple, ...but i was wondering would that look crazy!?
Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Sounds crazy! Maybe if YOU like those colors pain your bedroom those colors. I doubt the people that come over, And have to live there would want yellow and purple and lime green!
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2011

• No way they don't have to match.. sounds awesome.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2011

• It's your house.. paint it how you want. I think it would look goofy & boring to have all the rooms the same!

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2011

• I think you could make it really cool and incorporate the same warm/cool tones, like mustard yellow and perhaps a deep purple,,I went to Sherwin williams and they had reallly cool palletes that showed the color families with the same undertones,, I think you should make it flow, for example go green to yellow and to purple,, my kitchen is red and my living room mustard yellow,, but same undertones so it looks great!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Sounds crazy but you could definitely make them work.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2011

• I would paint using colors that go well together, but don't necessarily match.  What your describing doesn't sound that way.  My worry it would look like this house - only outside in.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• No, but it might be jarring if you don't segue from one tone to another in side by side rooms.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• My husband hates color. We just painted the entire inside of our home-
    1 BR and bath are a light peach (my daughter's rooms when she visits).
    The remainder of the house is cream colored. All the ceilings and baseboards are white. I wanted to add color to the kitchen walls and I thought he would have a stroke. Just not worth the hassle.
    The outside of our house is brown and white with some red trim-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2011