How can I stop this...

I am so READY for number two. DD is 14 months old, and I have been wanting to try for number two since she was 6 months old. I thought is was a phase so I just tried to ignore it. I can't anymore, the only thing that runs throught my mind is pregnancy and a new born. Sometimes I want to cry! What do I do? DH wants to wait another year...I am so lost. I feel like I NEED to have another baby. I am always looking at baby clothes, I have cribs sets, car seats, toys, ect picked out for both a boy or a girl...I dont know what to do. I almost feel like getting off birth control and not telling him, I know its wrong. But I feel like I have no other choice!! I NEED ANOTHER BABY!!!!!!!!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 3:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Can you compromise with DH? Instead of a year, maybe wait 6 months? That's what DH and I did. He wanted to wait a year after we got married, but being "older" (mid-thirties), I didn't want to wait that long. So, we compromised and started ttc after 6 months.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• have you ever noticed that people tend not to get prego when they are trying its when you dont try that you tend to get that baby
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I did notice that, but I cant get prego cause DH doesn't want to, so I am trying to find a way to make these feelings go away...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Wait til she hits two and you'll be glad you waited lol
    Anonymous

• Do you have any friends with babies that you can hold or babysit? Are you a SAHM? Maybe if you are you can offer to watch someone's baby for them on craigslist...I found a good babysitter on there. Can you volunteer at a hospital where there's babies that you can hold?
    Anonymous

• First, you need to remind yourself that you do not NEED another baby. You WANT another baby. It will happen when the time is right. Enjoy the time you have with your little one now. This time will go by real fast you do not want to miss out or let it pass without giving him/ her this special time with you!!! I can not relate to your situation as I am trying for my first now, so the best advice I can give you is to enjoy your ittle one you have now.. the second one will come!!!
    jenh33081

Answer by jenh33081 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I am a SAHM, and I volunteer at my church every monday night that usually has older kids but yesterday there was a new BABY in there (the only one) and I held him all night...it just made me realize what I was missing...
    Am I crazy for WANTING the up all nights, and the crying? I miss it so much. I feel I need another baby!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I know what your feeling. And I'm sure almost all the other moms do too. If your husband isn't ready then you will have to wait. I have the opposite story right now. My son is 8. I thought I was done. My husband has been wanting another one. So we did agree to try this summer. I made him wait 8 years. lol One year won't kill you. lol Even though it feels like it. I had my three close toghther . I wish sometimes I would have waited. But good luck. I hope he caves in sooner . lol
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008