Would you be okay with your kids dating another race...NO BASHING... just want your opinion on it.

please no BASHING just a curious question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes...if they have a preference for a certain race, then who cares? We're all people.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• No, I wouldn't care what race they chose to date
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I wouldn't care, alls that matters is happiness which is hard enough to find without throwing race into it!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I care about the character of the other person and the love they have for my child. All else is secondary. Their are bad and good of ALL races out there, so to me, each person should be judged on their merits!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Pretty much everyone has at LEAST two races in them now a days...not everyone, but most. And considering my daughter's father is a different race than I am it would be wrong for me to tell her she couldnt date someone because of race lol. I dont think it matters, as long as she is happy.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• color does not matter. What matters is their integrity and my child's happiness and well being.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 3:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• No, I don't care about race, but to be honest I wouldn't want to see one of my daughters in a relationship with someone who's culture condoned honor killings, or saw females as less then males. I would be okay with someone from that or those cultures that have been modernized and would treat my daughter right. I hope that doesn't make me a racist.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't care who they date, as long as they're loved and treated with respect, but my husband and Dad would FREAK. It's one of those things we've agreed to disagree on, and don't discuss.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I don't have a problem at all if my child/children dated outside of their race. I think that it's an old fashioned and ignorant belief to get angry about who your child dates. If they are old enough to choose, then let them. People are people. ANYONE is capable of anything regardless of race.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• wouldn't bother me at all, but it would my SO (their father)
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008