• In the Spotlight:

Haveing a sad day?!?!?

I'm haveing the worst time moving on from my ex, he asked me to keep are son on new years which is his day and i said yes of course but it hurts that he is spending it with someone else not my son and I. Does anyone have advice on moving on and coping with a gf! I am not doing very good with it and they have been together for a month now!

CMead02

Asked by CMead02 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I would talk to HIM about your feelings...I know its hard. But he needs to know. What if he feels the same? GOOD LUCK...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• There's no magical way to get over it. It just gets better with time. Don't take it out on her though. Try to stay as civil as possible with him for your son's sake, but limit contact that isn't about your child.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i know everyone says time will heal all wounds AND it is true even tho it hurts! Talk to him. But even if you dont just know that he will go through the same thing when you move on.
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It hurts, but you need to go out and get on with your life and don't let him know how much pain you are in. There is something better out there for you, and in the meantime, you can have some fun yourself. Don't let him do this to you. Just remember when all else fails to cheer you up, that you have the most wonderful gift of all, your baby.
    Anonymous

• go and and find yourself a new man!
    Anonymous

• I believe that time heals all wounds. Just be grateful that he still wants to be an active part of your sons life because some men, when they move on, they leave the kids behind. Good Luck and I hope this helps some.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• lots of luck! its hard i member when i was goin through that. it was hell i lots so much weight and was so depressed. lots of chocolate is the solution! all kinds: milk dark, with and w/o nuts, try caramel, cherry filled, on strawberries, rasins,anyway you can think of. i seriously have no advice but to keep yourself busy and try to avoid it.
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 6:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2008