ANY ADVISE ON HOW TO HELP WITH MORNING SICKNESS??

I AM UNABLE TO EAT ANYTHING, AND WHEN I DO EAT I GET SICK. MY DOCTOR HAS GIVEN ME MEDICATION BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY ADVISE????? THANKS :(

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mints or minty gum helped me TONS! And drink a lot of water...but you should be doing that anyway :) Morning sickness stinks but at least its not permanent!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Nothing worked for me. I tried ginger, lemon drops, peppermint candy, saltines, water, sea-sick wristbands. I threw up until the day my son was born. Hopefully, your morning sickness won't last too long. Try to stay positive, move slowly in the morning and to stay hydrated with fluids even if you're unable to eat. Hope you feel better soon.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• EVEN WATER MAKES ME SICK.....SO I AM TRYING GATORADE. I AM TRYING TO STAY OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND STAY HYDRATED.....THANKS FOR THE ADVISE
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Did they put you on Zofran? It was the only thing that worked for me. I lost 20 lbs before I was prescribed it. It decreased my vomiting from 10-12 times a day to 3-4. Gatorade is good-it will replace electrolytes.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Try vitamin B-6 (available at CVS/Walgreens, etc.) or purchase a pair of "Sea Bands" for motion sickness! They're terry cloth wrist bands that have a small magnet in them that goes over your wrist pulse point. The bands worked for me, and I liked that I didn't have to take an extra medication (beyond prenatals).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• nothing helped with me but my dr like yours gave me medication and it didnt seem to help either.
    Just keep trying to drink plenty of fluid even if it does come up. I found flat 7 up stayed down.
    also try taking a vitmain b 6 first thing in the morning it helped alittle bit for me
    with my first it lasted only till about the 11th week im pregnant now again with my 2nd and im 23weeks and it just got better about 3weeks ago. Hopefully you feel better soon.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• someone told me to drink pickle juice when I got up in the morning so I would not get sick and as weird as it sounded it worked.
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 3:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• MY DR JUST GAVE ME ZOFRAN......I HOPE IT WORKS FOR ME AS IT DID FOR YOU!!! THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND I FEEL LIKE A CRY BABY...LOL!!! I AM SO GLAD I JOINED THIS SITE
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Had the so called morning sickness for 4months straight... 24/7!!! .. couldnt do anything about it, i just had to deal with it :(... no matter what i smelled it made me sick. i couldnt eat anything, which was good because i was constipated too. lol

hope you get well soon! ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Try smoking a little pot. Yeah, I know, I know, but my DOCTOR told me this when I couldn't keep anything at all, including water, down and had lost 30 pounds by 7 months along.
    Anonymous