His ex and her family...

They didn't have any kids together were only together for a year and a half,including the 7 month marriage. But she WILL NOT go away. And her nephew LOOOOVES Randall with all his heart so I'm ok with the lil boy coming over and Randall taking him fishing (which is nice of me, I think.).
But his ex and her family seem to think they can just waltz up and talk to him whenever they want. Or call. Or eMail...
He says he doesnt want to talk to them (other than the lil boy and his parents) but he got SO mad when I told his ex that if she needs something from him, to talk to me because he would rather not talk to her and I perfer it that way as well. What the heck?
How do I go about getting them out of our lives?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 4:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Unfortunitly you shouldn't do anything. Talk to him about it and let him know it bothers you. I'm sure her family is wanting to cause problems for the 2 of you, dont show it and don't let it bother you. You must have latched a great guy if his exs family still loves him that much!!!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'd move.
    Anonymous

• WOW!!! Thats annoying and thank god they dont have any kids together huh? Lucky you. I have to deal with my hubby's baby mom. It seems to me your SO is still wants to be involved wiht the ex family. I told my his baby mom to back the fuck off and grow up. She talked to hubby and told him that I told her hubby doesnt owe her anything and he said correct. I owe my son but not you. He wasnt mad that i told her that. He was happy very happy. You should sit down and talk to him about how you feel. If he doesnt understand than time to pack your back and leave.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• my bad i meant to say "BAG" cuz some of the mommies in here think they need to correct people.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I would be careful. In my personal experience if there is still a need for that connection then there is someone in this relationship who still has feelings. Ask him to make a decision now, before something happens and you have to make the decision for him.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If you trust him there would not be an issue. My husband still talks to his ex's family. I have met them and really like them. His ex wife helped take care of my mother in law when she was sick with cancer, his ex father in law was the family preacher. I still talk to my ex brother in law. These are people from his past that he has a connection with. As long as you trust him, I do not see what the problem is.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008