Telemarketers

Does it annoy the hell out of anyone else that they now have the nerve to call with automated messages? I got a call with a message that told me to "press 1" to speak with a representative. Are you f*ing kidding me? How many people do you think are actually dumb enough to respond to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• LOL ya maybe that way the telemarketers are getting there butts ripped as much lol i always push one and ask to be removed from the calling list!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Oh me! Me! When they finally answer I quickly tell them to remove my number and remind them I am on the National Do Not Call Registry
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I hate the one that says "PLEASE DO NOT HANG UP!" as soon as you answer it or the auto warranty one that calls and says "THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE WILL BE CALLING!, URGENT!" Then they call like a million more times...
    Anonymous

• Or "Please hold for for an important message from..."
    If you get the one about auto insurance, wait for the message to end, press "2", and hang up. That should end it.

I had a Sear's insurance rep call me and I told him I wasn't interested, nor would I be interested in the future. He called again the next day as if he'd never spoken to me! I told him I was even less interested than I was when I wasn't interested yesterday, then hung up while he figured out what I said :)

Another tip: Tell them the person they asked for (even if it's you) is on sabbatical in spain and won't be back for 3 years...or that you died. Or say "Sure! Hang on a sec!" then set the phone down and leave it for an hour or so. Do this each time they call, and they'll stop soon.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• just tell them the person they are calling for is dead, that gets you off the list, lists are updated about every 3 yrs... then can be recycled depending... but the dead thing gets you dropped faster. i just dont have a land line and if they call me i freak about minutes, i have never used all my mins but i dont want them to call me. i will call them if i want something.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Oh yes, HATE them!!! I get this one that is an automated voice calling and she says "this is Ann calling, your car warranty is about to expire". And what really makes me mad is they are calling on my cell phone.
    nikkysweet

Answer by nikkysweet at 4:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Oh god. I once had one call my house and ask to speak to my parents. I said "I'm the lady of the house." She actually told me "No you're too young let me speak to your parents."

I said "Ok, well they're in the bedroom having sex making an even younger baby sibling for me. I dont think they want to talk to you."

That particular one never called again.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My favorite right here, usually used by bill collectors:
    By listening to this message, you acknowledge you are _________ (insert name) and accept responsibility for it.
    Excuse me?? My answering machine is not acknowledging anything.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• we rarely get telemarketer calls, but i think it would be funny to give the phone to my 2 year old son.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 5:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2008