Please tell me it's a stage!

My son will be 5 months this week and has gone from crying/fussing to just screaming. Sometimes it's only a little tweet like a parakeet (lol) and sometimes he just screaches like a banshee. It's very ear piercing! Sometimes I think I'd prefer the fussing. Is it just a stage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter does this. She screams when she is happy or when she is mad. It slowly gets better. She has not completely out grown it yet and she is 13months old
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Unfortunately it is!!!!! All three of mine did it at that age!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Have you peeked in his mouth lately? Is he teething?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes he's teething. Didn't know that was related though!
    Anonymous

• Its not related to teething its just because he found he voice and now he's exploring it. My son is now 16 months and there is no more screaming just very little yells with a happy tone to them. They are just so excited to hear themselves and what they can do. Its not bc he pissed or over excited he's just learning! =]
    SinkorSwim913

Answer by SinkorSwim913 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My son is 6 months old and does this. I figured it was a phase since the first couple of times I did a full body check on him to make sure he was okay. It just does it and then I go over to where he is (don't pick him up) and I ask him a question. He looks at me, laughs and continues playing.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 4:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I dont know. It sounds like teething to me :). Hope it passes soon!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Just looking at what I have to look forward to next month! My son doesn't do that yet!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Its teething.. my son is doing the same thing.. he chews on his hands or his Passy constantly and fusses ALLLLL the time... no worries it should pass.... atleast i hope so!!!!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008