• In the Spotlight:

What can of chores does ur kids do?

my kids are 6 & 9 I need ideas that will work and that's fun for them can you help me

Julie25

Asked by Julie25 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• My son, although he's 4, helps with the laundry and feeding the cats.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• at 5,6,7,8 and 12 they do dishes , help with laundry, sweep, change and take out garbages, clean their own rooms.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• the baby doesnt do anything but unfold the laundry but my 4 & 6 year olds help with laundry and dishes. sweeping and my 4 yo loves to vaccum. they like to help so i let them. If we are cooking something where mixing is involved i let them help. (not near the oven or stove of course)
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• feeding the animals, matching socks, picking up their toys, cleaning their rooms....depends on their age. When they are older---garbage,dishes,etc. Im home a lot,so I just usually make them do their homework, and keep their rooms tidy. They like to help me do basic stuff in the garden or with the pets as well. I hate cleaning,I have a cleaning lady that comes 1-2 times a week for the deeper cleaning and whatever.As long as my kids help out a bit,stay humble and make great grades and stay active,im satisfied.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• sorting laundry- colors - whites
    unpacking groceries- we put the bags on the floor and they put them up on the counter.
    cleaning up their toys.
    helping dad in the yard,
    cooking with mom
    debbidotcom

Answer by debbidotcom at 4:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Ours are 6, 9 &10 and we have a chore chart. Bagging up and taking out the trash (our older two), setting and clearing the table, washing and drying the dishes, sorting the clothes between colors and whites, loading and starting the washer, emptying the dryer, vacuuming their rooms and the dining and living rooms. As far as cleaning their rooms, I don't really consider that a chore but more of a responsibility. And believe it or not, they actually do really well with it with the exception of the occasional whining of "Do I have to" lol.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• All my kid's help out aroud here they do dishes they clean there own rooms they also do there laundry but for the two 3 year old and the 1 year old i do there laundry myself they also help clean the bath room everyday it's alot of help
    MYKIDS_ANGEL

Answer by MYKIDS_ANGEL at 4:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My 4 year old....own dirty clothes to laundry room, clears his own dishes from the table (scrapes garbage off and puts in dishwasher), picks up toys in living room and his room, helps feed the gerbils, starts the dishwasher..oh and helps clean gerbil cages (drys the pieces off after I've washed them lol)

My 3 year old...own dirty clothes to the laundry room, clears his own dishes from the table (is now starting to scrape his plate and load into the dishwasher), pick up toys in living room and his room, help feed gerbils

My 2 year old...own dirty clothes to laundry room, starting to clear his dishes from the table (utensils and cup to kitchen counter), pick up toys in living room and his room
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My daughter who is 6 1/2yrs old helps me with the laundry on the weekends, dishes when asked, cleaning her own room daily,helping mommy put away the dinner food at night daily, feeding and taking care of her guniea pig-throwing out his old shavings in the outside trash.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 10 year old. garbage, empty dishwasher,fold towles,room,vaccuming, and raking yard feed his guina pig and take care of cage,laundry to the laundry room, he also does other stuff buth thoes are his chores.
    5 year old, laundry to the laundry room, room,silverwear put away, and feed cat,vaccuming,and folging washclothes.
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 10:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2010