36-37 weeks and I'm feeling a pinch...normal?

So this pinch (best word for such a localized pain) is kind of like what you would imagine a knitting needle feeling like. I think its right at the opening to my uterus. I can feel the baby moving and then there it is,.. sometimes so strong I have to squeeze my legs together. I just started feeling it about a week ago maybe once or twice a day. I forgot to ask my Dr about it when I was there and am not scheduled back in until mid next week. I hate calling for such a minuscule thing.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ok it's true you should always be safe but the PP would be freaking me out the way she said this..If your feeling baby move and feeling normal everything is probably fine this close to the end you feel all sorts of stuff, if it concerns you or gets worse you can go to the ER they will check the heartbeat etc but not much else, and you don't want them messing around, so I would have the nurse at your ob check for you, they should be able to it's very simple.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It's just a nerve that the baby is hitting.
    Anonymous

• CALL....it could be the baby hitting a nerve or it could be early signs of big problems...better to be safe than sry and if you wait and the uterus is collapsing...or if theres bleeding..your baby might not make it..GO TO THE DR...NO GO TO THE ER...NOW NOW NOW
    SareeDer12

Answer by SareeDer12 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008