How often does your kids get in trouble at school?

It seems my son can't go a week without getting in some kind of trouble either getting his recess taken away or being sent to the principals office for drawing in class....he's in 4th... so frustrating....

1organicmom

Asked by 1organicmom at 4:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Our kids have a system in school where they "pull cards" (elementary ages). They can pull cards for talking, chewing gum, not standing still in line, not keeping their hands to themselves, not following directions etc. My dd is 6 and mostly pulls cards for talking. Unless they pull 4 or more cards in a day they dont get send to the principals office or anything like that. I like our system.

Answer by gemgem at 4:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Yes they did that in elem. school, but he's in the intermediate school now (4th and 5th grades)-- they a warning, then 15 min off recess, then the whole recess is taken away, then to the principals office.... they're pretty strict... i like the school though...
    1organicmom

Comment by 1organicmom (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• They do that in middle, but our middle school is horrrrrrrrrrrrible. I plan to move my 6 & 11 yr old before they get there.

Answer by gemgem at 4:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• so far,never

mine's in 4th grade

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Never that I know of. Mine are in 6th, 4th, 3rd and kindergarten. I haven't had any issues since my oldest was in 4th grade. She refused to do homework or pay attention in class so was constantly getting notes sent home about stuff and had 1 after school detention (that she tried to lie about and said her teacher just hated her, lol, right). Since we moved from that school I haven't had an issue with any of my kids. They always behave in school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• My boys are in 7th and 11th grades (13 & 17 yrs old). I've only been called to the principals office once for each when they were in elementary.
    My oldest was in trouble for fighting, he was upset that two boys were teasing him and he'd had enough. He beat them down, he was caught punching one and standing on the other. They all ended up in the principals office and having to call their parents.

My youngest was in trouble in first grade and sent to the principals office. Their teacher was new and not very good in being authoritative, the poor girl had the entire class against her. The principal told the kids to sit down and be quiet. I don't remember what he did but he broke the be quiet rule. He was in tears when he got home and could barely even talk to me.

Never had any other issues at school that I'm aware of.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• I was called on each of my kids for fighting when they were in lower grades, DS was in 1st grade and a boy was picking on him, had been for several months. One day he walked up behind DS, and punched him in the kidney, DS picked him up and body slammed him, DS was sent to the principals office, we were called, but since he didn't start the fight, he went back to class and the other boy was suspended. DD was sent to the office in Kindergarten for fighting, she was protecting one of her friends. DS graduated 3 years ago, and DD is in 6th grade now. No more incidents.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Mine are in 5th and 6th grade and have never gotten in trouble at school. My daughter was mortified when her card got pulled from blue (the highest level) to green (next lowest level) in 1st grade!

Answer by missanc at 9:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• my 4th grader has never gotten in trouble in school; in fact he is the one that gets picked on all the time; but our school system has a no bullying policy so if anything happens he just lets his teacher know; he has been called a nark a few times but that was by some boys that were picking on everyone
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Thankfully they don't. They know they will be in MORE trouble at home if they get in trouble at school. I would also like to think they aren't trouble makers either.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2011