baby s sleep

hi my daughter is one month,my problem is she doesn t sleep at night she ll sleep the whole day and cry the hole night what can i do
i try to wake her up during the day by feeding her,changing her diaper....but she ll sleep even if im feeding her she s sleeping
thanks for your answers

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 4:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• umm hmm....well id say youre trying everything...but if it gets worse id take her to the dr...there could be something making her so sleepy...or maybe they could give you something to help..but shes only a month...it takes about 3 months for a baby to sleep a night....at least it did with the 2 little girls i take care of....they were doing the same thing...but shes new...give her time...consult the ped dr
    SareeDer12

Answer by SareeDer12 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Look at it this way:
    When you were pregnant you rocked her to sleep all day, and she was awake at night.
    Now that you're not pregnant you're probably holding her much of the day, and trying to get her to sleep at night when you're not moving.
    She's got her days and nights backwards- most babies do.
    Wait it out.
    By 3 months she will establish day and night. Just keep lights low at night, keep visiting to a minimum, remind her that we sleep at night, and eventually this will change.
    This is NORMAL!
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 5:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• When you're with her at night keep the lights off or low, and don't turn on the tv. Keep it quiet and talk to her quietly. And during the day make sure she is napping in a room that is light and keep sounds going on in the house, even if it's just you cleaning or watching tv. If her nap goes too long try going into her room, unwrap her, and talk to her and stroke her face. The light thing is key. Sometimes I wonder why my baby is taking a long nap and when I go back to her room I realize that her room has gotten really dark. I'll turn on the hall light and she'll wake up shortly after that. Light is the key way to distinguish day and night for babies.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 6:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i would try to switch her nights and days by making it darker during the day and then brighter at night and see if that helps
    Elly219

Answer by Elly219 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2008