• In the Spotlight:

New Years Eve Appetizers?

We usually have friends over and have a bunch of appetizers to eat. Does anyone have any good recipes?

wonderpetsmom

Asked by wonderpetsmom at 4:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I put little smoked sausages in the crockpot with bbq sauce. I also love stuffed mushrooms with italian sausage. You mix uncooked sausage with a little onion, then put it in the mushrooms, top with some cheese (provolone, mozz, or swiss) and a little slice of onion, then bake at 350 for a half hour. They are yummy. Then we just buy some frozen stuff like jalepenos stuffed with cheddar or cream cheese, cheese sticks, or some cheese and crackers with summer sausage.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• we are doing pizza rolls, potato skins, rotel cheese dip & chips
    Bella0614

Answer by Bella0614 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• hot crab dip served with warm bread
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 7:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• asparagus wrapped in turkey drizzled with honey mustard
    sugareemama

Answer by sugareemama at 9:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• layered taco dip - refried beans, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, cheese, black olives

meatballs - salsa, brown sugar cooked in crockpot

cheese fondue
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We're having stuffed mushrooms and toasted ravioli (like you get at Olive Garden). It's time consuming but cheap because I get everything at Aldi's.
    Thaw out frozen cheese ravioli (but don't cook it). Dip in beaten egg, Italian bread crumbs, and deep fry for about 30 seconds. For about 7 bucks I can make 200 of the little buggers. We put spag sauce in the crock pot on the side, but I'm also making stromboli so we need the sauce for dip.
    also, cocktail weenies wrapped in crescent dough are good for the kids - just cut each triangle of crescent dough in half or else it's too big for the little hot dog. roll it up and bake it for 20 min at 350. Another cheapy but a goody!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2008