Swing sets at home.

If you have a swing set in your yard does it rock a little bit or is it perfectly sturdy? It doesn't count if it is cemented in because we can't do that right now because we are renting. I am talking about the 200 dollar WalMart ones.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 5:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes, when the kids are swing at the same time the legs jump off the ground. I think it would take alot to actually go all the way over though.
    momsfj80

Answer by momsfj80 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes, ours does. And it IS cemented in the ground. LOL I just tell mine to slow it down a bit and it doesn't lift up too badly, then.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• That is what I was thinking, my husband insists that it can not rock at all.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• It'll rock. We cemented it in, and it was sturdy for a while, but then I guess the cement in the ground kind of moves, the dirt loosens, whatever, and now it rocks again. Honestly, I doubt it'll tip, but I still tell them to slow it down just to be safe. I think the only way it won't rock at all is if you cement the entire area and embed the set in the cement. Which then you have to worry about them falling on the cement. It's a no-win.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• you can ancor them down with good tent pegs the kind that screw into the ground. that way when they come lose you can redo them. And yes they can tip....that was my goal as a child LOL. im an expert. Or tie them to trees or the house or fences with screw in eyes and rope. cheep and no tools required.
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 10:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2010