Does anyone have a clause in your divorce papers about No Girlfriends during Visitation?

I have heard from numerous people this can be done. How does it work and eventually when is it ok? Once they have dated 6 months etc.?

natenally

Asked by natenally at 2:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh man- I think that is a GREAT idea!!! I really wish I could have had that growing up! My mom would always wait to intorduce us to new men, but then they would be there and we would love them, then they would break up---I think the longer you wait to intro your kids the better! As a child it TRULY SUCKS having to meet new bf and gf's....
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 2:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have never heard of this but can't help but think why would you have that? What happens if you decide to date and believe that the guy you pick should get to know your children and your children get to know him first before you marry him? I guess for something like this to be fair - it would have to be in effect for both parties. JMO
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree that it wouldn't be fair unless it applys to both parties. My husband introduced a new GF on Fathers day to my 5 and 8 year old and we have only been seperated for 2 months. He makes real bad choices with friends because they all abuse drugs or alcohol, so I don't want any of them around my kids.
    natenally

Answer by natenally at 2:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• tough spot to be in.. I googled it without any real answers, can you contact a lawyer and get a free consultation, just to see what they say about?...
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 5:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008