How Long Do Cats Stay In Heat At A Time?

My cat is driving me CRAZY. All she does is yell and rub on everything! How long does this usually last each time?

AmbrosiaEssex

Asked by AmbrosiaEssex at 8:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2011 in Pets

• a LONG time. They will stay in heat until they breed in a lot of cases.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Are you freakin kidding me?
    AmbrosiaEssex

Comment by AmbrosiaEssex (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Usually 2 weeks at a time. My cat went for about 4 months, going into heat for 2 week periods with 1 to 2 weeks non-heat periods in between and then I got her fixed. I couldn't take it anymore. It was the most obnoxious thing ever.

I would definitely get her fixed. My cat got done at the local SPCA. It was relatively inexpensive compared to the surrounding area's vets.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• They can go in and out of heat but cats will pretty much stay in heat until they get pregnant. I'd just go ahead and get her spayed. It will cost a little more with her being in heat though.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• you can get her out of heat by stimulating her if she doesnst come out of it on her own..sounds gross but it works.... no i have never done it but i work at a vet and have heard of it being done in order to get them spayed
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Time to spay!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Our cat goes into heat about every 4- 6 weeks for about 4-5 days at a time. It's getting better, but I really need to take time to get her spayed. Google low-cost pet spaying in your area. There are a few places here that do it for about $25- $50. My problem is that those places are clear on the other end of town, and you have to get them in there at the crack of dawn.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2011

• Please go ahead and have her spayed ASAP! If you must wait until she is out of heat, please be careful that she does NOT get outside. There is no need for anymore kittens in this world!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2011

• I'm an 18 year-old single mom. Other priorities come first, but I'll get her spayed haha. I live in an apartment building so it'd be hard for her to get out :)
    AmbrosiaEssex

Comment by AmbrosiaEssex (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2011