Are there any moms out there with sickle cell disease?

I'm 19 and a new mom. It's taken me the better part of 6 months to get halfway back to where I was before I got pregnant. I finally feel good enough to work. I want to go back to school but I don't know how to cope with a baby, school, and my illness. Please help any advice is welcome. Thanks

Zarviemom19

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Health

• Yes I have Sickle Cell Disease as well. And anyone that has this disease already know the things that we experience already on a daily basis. Then when you decide to add motherhood to it adds a whole other plate on the table. I would first suggest getting on some Vitamin-B12 Super Complex which works on your energy level first off. Then I started eating alot of tossed salads for lunch with all the fixings even nuts cause they're good for energy & fatigue as well. Adjust your schedule according to the baby cause you know plenty of rest WE have to get more than normal people. It'll defeat the purpose of already taking the risks to become a mother with our illness, but you gotta go hard but careful so that you can enjoy being a mama over the illness. Then add the icing on all of this with plenty of prayer & church...It works wonders trust me. I'll end you a friend invite so we can keep in touch along with my email a well. DeDe
    Babiigurl70

Answer by Babiigurl70 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009