Fundal Placenta......

Went for my monthly check-up today, I am 13 wks and 2 days and got an ultrasound to check the heartbeat and my dr told me I had a fundal placenta. Which means it's attached at the top of my uterus, which he said is great for my planned c-section. But I probably won't be able to feel kicks and movement until around 20-24 wks :-( Anyone else have this or heard of it???

Asked by meabellas_mommy at 9:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If it becomes anterior it may not be so great.
    Would you prefer to avoid the cesarean?

Answer by doulala at 11:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• No I am all for the C-section. I had one with my daughter and loved it! Does the placenta normally move??

Comment by meabellas_mommy (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• The placenta itself is attached at one site and as the uterus grows SEVERAL times it's regular size the placenta's position changes. It's not moving, everything else is!
    This is why placenta previa tends to be "corrected" and no longer a problem for most when discovered early on.

Good luck!

Answer by doulala at 10:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2011