Fundal Placenta......

Went for my monthly check-up today, I am 13 wks and 2 days and got an ultrasound to check the heartbeat and my dr told me I had a fundal placenta. Which means it's attached at the top of my uterus, which he said is great for my planned c-section. But I probably won't be able to feel kicks and movement until around 20-24 wks :-( Anyone else have this or heard of it???

meabellas_mommy

Asked by meabellas_mommy at 9:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If it becomes anterior it may not be so great.
    Would you prefer to avoid the cesarean?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• No I am all for the C-section. I had one with my daughter and loved it! Does the placenta normally move??
    meabellas_mommy

Comment by meabellas_mommy (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• The placenta itself is attached at one site and as the uterus grows SEVERAL times it's regular size the placenta's position changes. It's not moving, everything else is!
    ;-)
    This is why placenta previa tends to be "corrected" and no longer a problem for most when discovered early on.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2011