What can you take for constipation while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Metamucil 100% natural
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Apple juice helps too.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Go to Walmart and buy fiber gummies. $10. Taste just like gummy bears. Eat 2 a day, and you'll be fine.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 9:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• castor oil and prunes juice or just prunes work
    BabyDove

Answer by BabyDove at 9:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• Glycerin suppositories. They are safe and effective. That is what I give my kiddos.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2011

• prune juice, senokot, apricots, mostly fruit that is high in fiber. Make sure you are getting enough fluids. If you are a few days out from when you delivered, it is normal to be a little constipated. Also, getting up and walking can help stimulate your bowels to move.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2011

• You can use Glycerin suppositories because they are not ingested at all and they work fast, I use them and it does the trick for me!!

Also, prune juice (if you can stand the taste)...

....Another great choice is a good LENTIL soup, it tastes good and is super high in Fiber and Protein - really helps you GO and is very Nutricious for the breast milk as well ... probably the best choice!!   Good luck!    :o)

isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2011