After two years still struggling to lose weight....

My daughter will be two in a few weeks... and when I was pregnant I gained 60lbs.. I had lost 50 of it now I gained back ten. The extra weight is all in my stomach and love handles . the belly pooch.... I just need some advice on how to get rid of this extra weight.. and I want to lose the 20 lbs to feel comfortable in my clothes and I am in a wedding in May... Any advice... please help...

rachaelcc

Asked by rachaelcc at 5:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I looked up a bariatric doctor in my area. They will prescribe you prescription diet pills. I think a ONE month supply should get you where you want mostly. I got a 2 month supply which was $170 but one month supply is only half that. They put me on phentermine/Adipex.
    You could go to a normal doctor and some will prescribe them and some won't. If you don't have any luck with that look up "Bariatric doctors near (insert where you live here)" online and find one.
    They really make you lose a lot of weight. It's not exactly cheap though.
    Anonymous

• Eat lots of fruits and greens. This should be the main food source for anyone because fruits and greens provide all the nutrients your body needs. Greens will also help combat cravings which can be the hardest part of any lifestyle change.

You could start with incorporating green smoothies into your diet. Please check out the group for recipes etc here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/greensmoothie

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• For meals - first make sure you eat as much fruit as you desire...which could be a few apples or a whole bowl full. Then eat a low fat dinner. For examples please PM me and I will help.

Make sure you exercise daily and get plenty of fresh air and sunlight. Going for a walk will perk you up as well when you are feeling down. I have a daily walk just to clear my head.

Don't beat yourself up when you slip up. Its not the end of the world. Just be aware of how the slip up makes you feel before and after.

If in doubt whether you are truly hungry do the fruit test. If you are not wanting fruit its most likely a craving.

Hope this helps a little.

http://www.yourfatfreedom.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I'm in the Marine Corps and I've lost 30 lbs already but I have another 15lbs to lose so I can be within height and weight standards. I promise you that in 5 months time you can lose weight and inches easily. A steady diet and exercise pay off. Also as to the fruit do be careful how much of it you eat as it is extremely high in sugar. 100 crunches every morning will help you with your stomach if you keep to a routine you will start to see results within weeks. The best thing that will help you lose weight is cardio, running a mile a day or 2 miles every other day will do wonders. Although I know diet pills can work diet and exercise are still a huge part of why they "work wonders". a steady routine for a couple of months and I promise you will be back to where you were if not better.
    Anonymous

• Stay away from the drugs. Our world is obsessed with drugs and it isn't healthy. Jump roping is great exercise and will help in all areas. Up your veggies, get lots of fiber, up your water intake. Don't diet--just make small changes and it will happen. You do have to get active though. So if you aren't working out at all, start small the first week--20 minutes a day, then keep adding minutes each week until you are up to 1 hour of exercise. That 1 hour does not need to be all at one time so think about parking you car the furthest away from where ever you are going...work, shopping, etc. to get more walking in. Use the steps instead of an elevator. It all adds up without changing your lifestyle. Good luck and if you need more suggestions, send me a note. Hope to help anyway I can.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 11:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If weightloss is as simple as exercising and eating right, why isn't everyone healthy and slim? Drugs and diets are short term soultions. The real answer lies within you. The conversation you have with yourself and the relationship you have with food is what will determine your success.

Ultimately your relationship with food and exercise should include everyone in your family. Afterall we don't want our children or our spouses be obese either.

If you truly are ready for the change and ready to make it stick...
    I am hosting a FREE group phone call on January 1 9pm EST....

find out more by signing up here: http://www.howtothinkyourselfthin.com

Its time...to start livin' fine in 2009 :)

to your health!

Maja007

Answer by Maja007 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008